Thursday, December 5, 2013

Playing Catch-Up

So this is what's been going on in my world and why I haven't blogged for weeks....

I visited Ottawa, Canada in early November to give a presentation on "Hybrid Pixeling" to the Ottawa Valley Quilter's Guild.  It is funny to think that my being in Canada started all because of an invitation on Twitter.  The presentation went smoothly and many seemed excited to see my Doctor Who "The Tenth" quilt...and as an added bonus there were some big time Whovians in the crowd.  I did not have much time to explore the city; but did pop in to see the Museum of Civilization, had a great dinner and even met some Instagram and Twitter friends (Hi Ladies !)

Most of my weekends have been spent doing sewing-related things; but not in the way you might expect.  I feel like I have been running meetings, giving presentations, designing patterns and doing everything but actually sewing.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about all of these other opportunities; but sometimes it makes me feel like I'm a Quilting Fraud because I haven't actually sewn anything recently.

As some may remember, I'm in the middle of quite a large home renovation project.  I'm remodeling my bedroom and while the ceiling is done and looks amazing...the progress on the rest has been slow-going (see reason above).  I painted the walls over Thanksgiving break and I'm hoping to spend this upcoming weekend hard at work so I can move back in by Christmas.  I've been "camping out" in the Living Room living out of boxes and while it's fun for a while; it gets old really fast. 

This is what I am looking forward to...

  • Finishing up some handmade Holiday gifts
  • Lots of upcoming vacation days
  • Christmas with the family


Happy Friday!!

 

3 comments:

Andres said...

I need to put "Quilting Fraud" on my greeting cards.

QuiltCandy said...

How exciting to go to Canada and talk about your quilt! Sounds like you had a ball. I hope you get to sew something soon!

Splendorfalls said...

Busy lady! I am cracking up about the quilting fraud business!
Hope you enjoy those vacation days! See you soon!

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting...so what do you think?
Love it, Hate it, Have a quick story to tell...